Monday, February 2, 2009

Free-Write

The reason I liked "If You Run a Red Light, Will Everyone Know?" was because the title caught my attention and made me want to read it. A boring title can immediately ruin an article for me. The write chose very good examples that also kept me interested throughout the article. His examples made me realize how unfair and unreasonable the website criminalsearches.com can be. I also really liked the way that he ended his article, about how its easy for the creators of the site to say it will make everyone safer because according to the site, they are both clean. I thought the way he ended it was very good, he ended it in a very serious, yet humerous way.


Essay Author and Title:
If You Run A Red Light, Will Everyone Know? by Brad Stone

Central Argument of the Essay:(p.349) That someone's privacy is no longer private because of this site.

My Central Claim about the nature/effectiveness of the argument in the essay: The logos, ethos and pathos of this article fit very well together. And the argument itself is an effective argument because it causes controversy among different people.

This is how the author mnipulated the rhetorical appeals:

The logos appeal: I immediately realized the logical proof behind his argument and what the argument was about. I also found the plot of the argument, which is about privacy beind exposed on the internet.

The ethos appeal: Quotes in the argument that that grab our attention and keep us interested

The pathos appeal: Grab the readers attention by using feelings of other people throughout the article. He uses people who are on the site for stupid reasons for the emotional factor in the article.

My conclusion about the nature/effectiveness of the argument in the essay: His feelings towards the argument were written out very well and I thought it was very effective.

1 comment:

  1. Very well written out argument. I especially agree with your logos opinion.

    ReplyDelete