English 102
Annotated Bibliography
March 2, 2009
· “DUI Laws in South Carolina”. Dui.Drivinglaws.org. (2006). 03/01/2009. <http://dui.drivinglaws.org/scarolina.php>
This website is about the DUI laws across the state of South Carolina. It explains each drunk driving offense very thoroughly throughout the site. It is illegal to drive in the state of South Carolina with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent of above. DUI laws are mostly the same across other states as well. There are also three different offenses for each time someone is arrested, with each offense getting harsher. Before reading this site, I never knew there were three different offenses. I always thought it was the same offense each time you were caught driving under the influence.
· Friedman, Lauri S. Drunk Driving. Detroit: GreenHaven Press, 2008.
Drunk Driving is a serious problem across the United States. This book talks about different issues that are involved with drunk driving. The author writes about different ways that death related drunk driving accidents can be reduced. The book is listed as an opposing viewpoints guide. This book can come in helpful when writing my paper because it will help me show how important the drunk driving laws really are.
· Brundrett, Rick. “S.C. law deals blow to repeat DUI offenders”. (12/31/2008). The State.
In this article, the author is talking about ways that repeat DUI offenders in South Carolina will have to blow into a device in their vehicles to prevent them from driving drunk. They are trying to make a giant step toward protecting South Carolina’s state, roads, streets, and highways. Personally, I really like the idea, and I learned a lot about it after reading this article that I never knew existed before. This article will come in very handy when I’m writing about ways their trying to step up the DUI laws across the state.
· “New DUI Law”. Spartanburg Herald. (02/16/2009). Lexis Nexis Academic. (03/01/2009).
This article was posted in the Spartanburg Herald. It talks about how driving under the influence continues to be a problem in South Carolina. It also talks about the new DUI laws that went into effect in South Carolina, which I think should be stronger than they already are now. Them, and many others are hoping that these new laws can come into affect very soon and be very effective.
· Sandler, Jordan. “Law enforcement out to enforce new DUI laws”. WIS News. (2/13/2009). <http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?s=9844877>
This article that was written by Jordan Sandler, also talks about how there are “cracking down” on DUI laws across the states and what they’re doing to stop people. DUI checkpoints have been set up all across the state. Their main goal is to “save people’s lives, and make sure people are doing the right thing.” I think DUI checkpoints across the state are a great idea, if they can help save people’s lives.
· “South Carolina DUI Laws”.1800duilaws. (2009). 03/01/2009.
South Carolina DUI law declares it unlawful to operate a motor vehicle in South Carolina while under the influence of alcohol and/or legal or illegal drugs, or a combination thereof. This site tells anything and everything you want to know about drunk driving laws and penalties in the state of South Carolina as well as other states. This site will be very helpful when I write my paper because I can use it to compare different dui laws across the country.
· “SC DUI Laws”. Duilaws.com. (2008). 03/01/2009. < http://www.duilaws.com/south-carolina>
This site goes into detail about each specific dui law in the state of South Carolina. They tell you what happens when you get caught with alcohol in your car and if you get caught driving under the influence. This site was helpful to understanding the laws because it listed in detail each section of the law. The main point of this site is to get people to understand the laws in South Carolina, and what happens if you are caught driving under the influence.
· Spencer, Jason. “States tougher new DUI laws”. Spartanburg herald. (2/10/09). LexixNexis Academic. (03/01/2009).
South Carolina has created new DUI laws and is going to be enforcing them very hard. As fast as they created the laws, they are putting them into effect. Another major change in the new law is that anyone who refuses to take a breath test on their first offense automatically loses their license for six months - versus the current three. The length of automatic suspension increases with subsequent offenses. I agree with the law 100 percent because I have had a friend killed in a drunken car accident, and I know the feeling of wanting to save others lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment